With Thanksgiving a few days away, I’m considering what it is that I’m especially thankful for this year. Let me get the big things out of the way – I’m thankful for the health and success of my children, my husband, my family, my friends – everyone I love. I’m thankful that the world is still spinning and we’re all here to enjoy the ride.
Now for some other things.
1. HGTV. It’s my personal lullabye.
2. The friends I’ve made over the past 20 years. You know who you are. You all make my world so much more special and way more entertaining.
3. Our dog Lambeau. Even though he’s in love with my husband, I know he likes me too.
4. New York City. Just knowing it’s there.
6. Loehmann’s and Home Goods.
7. Homeland, Once Upon a Time and The Good Wife. Sunday nights are kickass.
8. Argo. Best movie of the year so far.
9. The delicious joy of a good book.
10. The Huffington Post and the New York Times.
11. My refinished floors. LOVE.
12. Mumford and Sons, The Beatles, these two kids who sing on Nashville, Lady Gaga, and Sinatra. Always Sinatra.
13. Falling asleep.
14. Those nights when I can stay asleep.
15. My grandmother for 98 wonderful years.
16. My Aunt Susie, for her beautiful Pinterest page – and for hosting Thanksgiving this year.
17. It’s almost time for peppermint ice cream.
18. A room of my own.
19. My mother’s new husband Bill. He’s a keeper.
20. My iphone, my imac, my Macbook air. I’m a total convert.
21. Oh, and this guy.
And, not to sound corny or anything, I’m so grateful and thankful that people come here and read my blog. It makes me feel terrific. So thank you. So much!